CODE OF CONDUCT
Below is the Code of Conduct for TLT – Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc.
Participant Code of Conduct
We strive each day to develop the character of youth through quality leadership education. We work to teach our Ten Characters both in and out of the sessions and to deliver the very best possible learning experience for our Participants.
Our Participants will abide by these terms:
We expect our Participants to portray at all times the very best of our Ten Characters. The
Ten Characters of the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. are as follows:
- Teamwork: Be a team player. Everyone has an important role to play, and every role, large and small, is critical to the team’s success.
- Leadership: Be a role model for others in and out of the sessions and lead others to do and be better.
- Responsibility: Be accountable for your actions, for delivering on your commitments, and be willing to admit it when things go badly.
- Respect: Show respect for others and their ideas. Respect for teachers, parents, and one another, and celebrate our differences.
- Confidence: Believe in yourself and your abilities, and communicate like a winner. Know you have a gift to share.
- Integrity: Be honest, trustworthy, trust and be trusted, and demonstrate strong moral principles.
- Discipline: Stay focused on what you are trying to accomplish, and show obedience to those trying to instruct and guide.
- Creativity: Think “outside the box”, be willing to take risks and explore. Be inspired to imagine all possibilities and open to new ideas.
- Positive Attitude: Be positive about a wonderful future, and pass along to others your bright outlook.
- Kindness to one another: Show kindness and patience, and be inclusive and accepting of others and build lasting relationships.
- Show respect for others: Our participants will respect the rights and feelings of the other participants. Fighting, bullying, name calling, intimidation, bigotry of any kind, inappropriate language or any other form of emotional or physical abuse or unwanted contact directed at one another, Facilitators, Staff or Volunteers will not be tolerated, both in and out of the session, or in digital media.
- Maintain a Professional Focus: Our Participants are expected to pay attention to and follow the guidance of the Facilitators so that they can get the most out of their time here.
- Disruptive, distracting or problematic behavior that affects this learning environment will not be tolerated. Participants may not use cell phones or electronic games during instructional sessions. Cell phones must remain off during these periods. Our Participants are expected to maintain a professional focus if referring to TLT in digital media.
- Respect our Program: Participants will respect the facilities, and all other property including the property of other participants. They will pick up after themselves and work to keep the session venues clean.
- Not handle Dangerous Items: Our Participants never carry or wield any potentially dangerous weapons, tools or equipment while on TLT premises or in sessions.
- Drugs & Alcohol: Our Participants are not permitted to have in their possession or use drugs, alcohol, or tobacco on TLT premises or at TLT sanctioned events and their use is always discouraged.
- Not Engage in Public Displays of Affection: Our participants will not engage in inappropriate public displays of affection. Our Participants are expected to refrain and no inappropriate or suggestive conduct will be tolerated.
- Always Be On Time: Our participants show up to class sessions on-time and ready to learn.
- Not Leave Unless Dismissed: Our Participants will not leave TLT premises during any activity unless excused by the Facilitator. Participants will not leave TLT premises without their parent and it is the student’s responsibility to follow this rule.
- Respectful and Positive Social Media Interaction: Our participants will not engage in social media communications that are of a critical, negative or bullying nature of fellow participants, TLT or its facilitators or volunteers, and will refrain from posting video or audio content that violates TLT corporation rights.
- Dress according to the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. Dress Code. TLT has adopted a dress code which outlines the following guidance for acceptable dress except where otherwise guided by the Facilitator for a specific program activity or as determined by the Managing Staff or as delegated to the Facilitator in a manner consistent manner with respect to community standards and age appropriateness: Shoes must be worn at all times. Participants should dress professional, long pants and nice shirt (ties for retreats) as if for an interview; no shorts, cutoffs, boxer shorts or combination thereof, Dresses or skirts must be longer than fingertips. Tank tops, tube tops, halter type blouses or mesh shirts will not be permitted. Shirts should overlap the waistband of skirts or pants. Items with provocative, offensive, violent, or alcohol, tobacco or drug-related pictures, slogans or references will not be permitted. No sagging pants or shorts. No gang paraphernalia. No visible pierced jewelry other than earrings. All Participants are expected to meet community standards and school policies with regard to health, cleanliness and appearance.
- Never Discriminate: Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law, is never allowed.
- Abide by the Three Strike Rule: Participants breaking any of the code of conduct rules may be subject to the following disciplinary actions: In the first instance, the student will be given a verbal warning by the Facilitator; in the second instance the student will be given a verbal warning, dismissed temporarily from participation and the parent notified. In the third instance, the student may be dismissed permanently from the program. Facilitators with guidance of the Managing Facilitator, may dismiss a Student from an activity and all TLT privileges revoked without completing the Three Strike Rule process.
- Any student who believes that he or she has observed or has experienced prohibited behaviors should report these immediately to a Facilitator.
I acknowledge that violation of the above could result in my termination from a session or activity and the revocation of all privileges with the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. and tuitions paid may not be refunded.
Facilitators, Teachers and Staff Code of Conduct
As an employee of the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. (TLT) team, I agree to strive every day to fulfill the TLT Mission to develop youth leaders through education, collaboration and mentorships with community & business leaders for the collective benefit of the students and their communities. I will work to focus on our student’s development of the TLT 10 Characters in each session and agree that the student’s educational experience is paramount. I agree to abide by and fully adhere to this Code of Conduct and understand that my doing so is a condition of employment.
Our Facilitators, Teachers and Staff agree that they will:
- Strive to create a positive and constructive learning environment for all our Participants.
- Create and deliver a formal and well-planned class plan for every session with a program delivery plan and expected outcomes;
- Be on-time to every session or event, prepared to perform my duties with appropriate preparation, assignments and resources.
- Maintain an orderly atmosphere conducive to learning. Establish rapport and an effective working relationship with Participants and other staff members. I will maintain appropriate professional educator-participant relationships and boundaries based on a reasonably prudent educator standard.
- Report to the appropriate authorities’ incidents of suspected child abuse or neglect, as required by law;
- Serve as an appropriate role model to our Participants in accordance with the standards of the program;
- Enforce the TLT Dress Code and abide by that same dress code personally and dress and groom professionally and appropriately for TLT activities and events. Recognize that I serve as a role model, and I will conduct myself in the highest of integrity and professional standards;
- Make decisions during sessions and events without influence of parents and acknowledge such decisions are subject to review by the Managing Facilitator. I will not permit language or actions during sessions or events in violation with TLT standards.
- Engage volunteers to the extent possible to perform my duties.
- Make every effort to avoid any real or perceived “favoritism” or preference for particular Participant or volunteers and will focus on activities and make decisions that deliver the greatest educational experience. I understand and agree that it is not permissible for me or any Facilitator to give special treatment or advantages and I will make every effort to avoid even the appearance of such advantage.
- Conduct all program sessions in a supportive and age appropriate manner. Swearing at and/or humiliation of participants is not tolerated. Disciplinary tone and actions will always be of a constructive manner. I will oversee interactions to ensure that personal, verbal, non-verbal and physical interaction is age appropriate and free of sexual or other harassment. I will not engage in, facilitate or promote the illegal use or distribution any controlled substances including alcohol, prescription drugs and toxic inhalants and not consume alcoholic beverages during compensated hours except for those authorized special events.
- Shall neither accept nor offer gratuities, gifts, in-kind services or favors that might impair, or have the appearance of impairing, professional judgment or to obtain special advantage. This standard shall not restrict the acceptance of gifts or tokens of value less than $25 offered and accepted openly from Participants, parents of Participants, or other persons or organizations in recognition or appreciation of service (does not apply to full program session gifts).
- I will report interpersonal disputes between Participants to parents, though will not become entangled in those disputes.
- I will not exclude a student from participation in a program, deny benefits to a student, or grant an advantage to a student on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, national origin, religion, family status, or sexual orientation.
- I will refrain from inappropriate communication with a participant or minor, including, but not limited to, electronic communication such as cell phone, text messaging, email, instant messaging, blogging, or another social network communication. I will conduct such communications in a non-social nature and confined to that communication necessary to facilitate or promote an TLT sanctioned activity unless the relationship extends outside TLT and communication is expressly permitted by the minor’s parent(s). Any and all public or private electronic or otherwise communications that might be visible to our Participants must be done in a professional and positive manner. I will not date or fraternize on a personal basis with an TLT participant.
- I will not transport any student in any vehicle.
- I agree that I will not individually or in association with any other individual, party or entity that offers or intends to offer services of a similar nature in part or entirely to those offered by the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc., solicit Participants or parents or accept as Participants or provide services to any Participants or parents that participated in TLT programs, within twenty miles of a TLT location within twelve months of TLT employment or contractual service.
- I will manage my schedule to be available at all program sessions, and find suitable substitutes well in advance of a missed event which in no case shall be more than two sessions per program, unless pre-approved by Managing Facilitator.
- I will follow the TLT Policies and Procedures, and work to ensure our Parents, Participants, and Board members adhere to their respective Code of Conduct and appropriately report abuses or violations to the Managing Facilitator.
Parent Code of Conduct
We strive each day develop youth leaders through education, collaboration and mentorships with community & business leaders for the collective benefit of the students and their communities. We work to teach our Ten Characters both in and out of the session to deliver the very best possible learning experience for our Participants. To make that possible, we require the adoption by Parents and Guardians to this Code of Conduct:
Our Parents and Guardians will:
- Ensure their participant follows the Rules of Conduct adopted by TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today.
- Ensure their participant attends scheduled program activities regularly and shows up on time with all necessary materials and is prepared to complete the expected activities.
- Encourage their participant to work at home to learn materials and is ready to participate.
- Ensure the in-session conduct of their student is conducive to a proper learning environment;
- Willingly participate in Facilitator discussions to review a student’s progress and welfare.
- Ensures their student is appropriately dressed for all activities consistent with the published dress code.
- Bring to the attention of TLT Management conditions that may adversely affect their participant’s learning experience.
- Maintain communication with TLT as needed. Parents are responsible for providing a means by which to receive communication concerning sessions and events and should maintain home, work and emergency contact information.
- Be supportive of sessions and event activities, show-support at functions and other activities and willingly supports and volunteers to assist as requested.
- Ensure their language to their own participant and others is supportive, constructive, and age appropriate and of a positive nature. Swearing, yelling, and humiliation are not acceptable disciplinary techniques within TLT.
- Avoid any personal, verbal, non-verbal, physical or sexual harassment between participant to-participant, participant-to-adult, or adult-to-adult.
- Will follow the direction and guidance of Facilitators, volunteers or others selected and empowered by the Facilitator to assist in specific responsibilities to hold a productive session.
- Understand that the public electronic distribution or livestreaming of any video or audio recording of any session is not permitted, and any recording must conform to the corporation’s associated licensing rights.
- The parent assumes full responsibility for any act or omission of their student during any TLT activity.
- The Parent agrees and understands that the Facilitator is in charge of the session. The Facilitator is accountable for the educational experience outcome and is solely responsible for the process. Concerns with a Facilitator’s actions or efforts should be addressed to the Managing Facilitator.
- Parents may not influence or attempt to influence, challenge or question a Facilitator’s session decision.
- Parents may not ask or encourage any Board Member to violate their Board Code of Conduct, by requesting a Board Member take action on their behalf to influence or attempt to influence, challenge or question a Facilitator’s session decision.
- Understand and agree that the Facilitator may excuse any individual from observing A session.
- Understand and agree to the Application and Tuition policy and will keep accounts current and acknowledges Participants with past-due balances will not be permitted to take part in a session or events.
- A parent may not own or operate a leadership program organization offering services similar to TLT.
- If at any time a parent or guardian observes actions or activities from Participants, TLT staff or other parents, that they believe is inappropriate, they will promptly make the Managing Facilitator aware of the situation immediately.
I acknowledge that my violation of the above could result in my child’s termination from a Session or event and the revocation of all privileges with the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. and that any fees paid will not be refunded.
Board Members Code of Conduct
As a member of the Board of Directors for TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc., I agree to strive every day to develop youth leaders through education, collaboration and mentorships with community & business leaders for the collective benefit of the students and their communities.
I willingly give my time, support and guidance to ensure the corporation is financially strong and effectively managed in an ethical and moral manner.
Our Board agrees to the following terms:
- Abide in all respects by the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. Code of Conduct & Obligations, the Policies and Procedures, and the By-Laws and all other rules and regulations of the organization and will ensure that my membership and financial obligations remain in good standing at all times.
- At all times obey all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and will provide or cause to provide the full cooperation of the corporation when requested to do so by those institutions and their persons set in authority as are required to uphold the law.
- Conduct the business affairs of the association in good faith and with honesty, integrity, due diligence, and reasonable competence.
- Always hold the betterment of the Participants, the other board members members and community as my first priority, including during all participation in discussions and voting matters and contribute as a productive and positive force acting in support of the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
- I recognize that I am obligated to act in a manner which will bear the closest public scrutiny.
- I will not abuse my position as a board member by action, insinuation or suggestion to any participant, staff or parent that I am entitled to, and I may not receive or expect any special treatment or benefit beyond that of other participant and members of the community.
- I will make no effort to influence, guide, impact or persuade session decisions for family members, friends or any other interest, and I acknowledge the Facilitator has complete, independent and unfettered decision-making authority on approved educational material decisions and will distance myself such decision-making except where the ethical or moral standards of the corporation are threatened.
- I will declare any conflict of interest, be it real, potential, or perceived, which is not immediately obvious with regard to any matter being discussed in their presence during a board meeting, and willingly recuse myself from any matter in which such a conflict might exist. I agree that I will not start, fund, create, volunteer for except as simply a participant, work for, or advise any organization that provides similar or generally similar services to the TLT: Tomorrow’s Leaders Today, Inc. within twenty miles of a TLT program. Should the risk of any potential or real conflict arise from an activity I choose to pursue, I agree to disclose such conflict in advance and the Board may approve by a majority vote to allow my participation in that activity.
- I will not knowingly take advantage of or benefit from information that is obtained in the course of my official duties and responsibilities as a board member, and that is not generally available.
- I will protect the organization’s information closely and will not release or share confidential or sensitive information without the permission, preferably in writing, of the person who provided it. I understand personnel related information that I am exposed to should not be repeated or discussed except in an Executive Session. I understand that issues discussed during Executive Session are confidential in nature, and that I will not repeat, impart or relay any information from an Executive Session to anyone not within that session. I will maintain confidentiality of all information which the board deems confidential.
- I will remain mindful of resources which are in their trust on behalf of the organization, and will help establish policies which ensure the maximization of secure and protected resources.
- I can expect to be reimbursed for legitimate and reasonable expenses incurred on behalf of the organization.
- I will reject gifts, favors, or benefits on a personal basis and recognize that such offers may be an effort to secure advantage.
- I will represent the corporation informally and formally to others in such a way as to leave others with a positive impression of the organization and preserve and enhance the good reputation of the organization and will avoid behavior which might damage its image. I acknowledge there will be decisions that this body makes that I might disagree with, but I agree to abide by and support those actions adopted by this board.
- I will faithfully discharge my duties without discrimination for race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion or disability.